Friday, June 5, 2015

Fibrils

I was talking to a friend about fibrils the other night, because hey, who doesn't love a good fibril conversation? I was trying to explain why I'm still sometimes uneasy about my fibrillary GN diagnosis, and of course I struggled to verbally make sense of things.

That's when I turned to my good friend Google and found this image:

Fibrillary GN fibrils are typically 15-30 nm.
Amyloid fibrils are typically 9-12 nm.

My fibrils are 9-10 nm.

This means nothing, of course. I don't think Mayo and UM are wrong. My sample didn't stain congo red.

I just think it's one piece of information that is unique to me and -- in the words of C + C Music Factory -- is a thing that makes me go hmmmm.

[Obscure '90s music reference free of charge.]

1 comment:

  1. So confusing! But I guess your docs know what they're doing??? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete