Saturday, February 22, 2014

Diagnosis

I've finally learned how to spell fibrillary glomerulonephritis without referring to my medical paperwork. Now I need to learn how to pronounce it, because that is my diagnosis.

WHAT I KNOW:
1. Every online entry I've found about the disease includes this line: "Fibrillary glomerulonephritis is a rare disease with poor renal prognosis."

2. How rare? It only shows up on .05 - 1.0 percent of kidney biopsies.

3. There is no known treatment.

WHAT COMES NEXT:
UM and Mayo have recommended trying treatment with Rituximab, a lymphoma drug. UM has requested pre-authorization from my insurance company and we're now in wait-and-see mode.

HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS DIAGNOSIS:
While I'm relieved that this is not amyloidosis, I'm also struggling with the reality of having a rare disease that I can't pronounce and no one understands. My health situation is exacerbating a deeper issue: feeling different. Remember the Sesame Street "one of these things is not like the other" skit? Yep. That's me. I'm the W on a chalkboard full of 2s. I've always felt out of place -- at jobs, on teams and even in my own family. And now I feel like I don't even fit in within the world of kidney disease patients. So far I've found one person to talk to -- a very nice 64-year-old woman in Florida with fibrillary glomerulonephritis who has been kind enough to answer my questions over email. For that, I am grateful. She has helped me realize that others have faced this disease and that I can, too.

I found another W.  


3 comments:

  1. 1. So glad you found someone to connect with who can relate.
    2. I can't believe you found this video. Who keeps this stuff and puts in on youtube anyway?
    Miss you Darc!



    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful, Darcy, and we love you very much! (and wonderful is a w word!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. InFebruary 2017, my immune system was not functioning correctly and my primarycare physician did a N.A.E.T. Treatment with Laser Acupuncture andAuricular Acupuncture to try to desensitize my body from the differentallergies and allergies to the metals. This procedure began to make me drained and very fatigued.  He recommended that I have a GI Stool testdone as I was having GI issues in February 2017, to check for parasites,pathogens, bacterial flora, and fungi/yeasts. The results showed that I had a Bacterial Pathogen called Salmonella,high amounts of normal bacterial flora, called Enterococcus spp. andEscherichia spp., 2 parasites called Dientamoeba fragilis and Endolimax nana, and2 types of fungi/yeasts called Candida spp. and Geotrichum spp.   The doctor recommended that I take Dr Itua Herbal Medicine to get rid of the Candida as that was the main concern at thetime and I did purchase Dr Itua Herbal Medicine and after taking it all as instructed I was totally cured so is a urged form of heart to believe in herbal medicines but yes indeed natural remedies should be recognize around the globe because is the only healing that has no side effect on each every healing, I will recommend anyone here with health challenge to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he capable of all kind of disease like Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Kidney disease,Parkinson,ALS,Copd. with a complete cure without coming back.

    ReplyDelete