Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Suckage Scale

I had a liver MRI last week, and here's what I learned: they should never shove an overweight woman with anxiety into a tube. I found the test uncomfortable. There is no physical pain -- you just lie on your back in a tube -- but it's loud and confining and I fought claustrophobia the entire time. Thirty minutes seemed like three hours.

Afterward, I needed to vent. I am so sick of these tests and just needed to complain a bit before regaining my composure. I texted my sister Danielle, who is A.) hilarious and B.) colorful in her use of language. Most of what we text can't be repeated here, but trust me....it's good. She's always able to make me laugh. She's also empathetic but doesn't pity me. I appreciate that. Anyway, in one recent conversation she was asking me about a test and wanted to know how it compared to the other tests I've had. More importantly, she wanted to know if it was "complete suckage." 

Complete suckage? Lol. Never heard that one. That's when I knew I needed to create a "suckage scale." So, for you Danielle, here's my take on some of the tests I've had the last few months -- and how much they sucked. 

 (Thanks to my friend Jason for the artwork!)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time! Tell Jason he rocks!

    Love ya Darc!!!

    ReplyDelete